What Eyelash Extensions Are, And After Care
What Eyelash Extensions Are, And After Care
I am very exited to see you soon for your Eyelash Extensions Procedure!
Please, read information below for better service understanding and make sure you are a candidate for this treatment.
Eyelash extensions is a high-maintenance beauty treatment that requires gentle care for the lashes to remain in good condition and be long-lasting. Once the lashes are attached, you must not rub or pull on them. You must not wear any mascara other than that recommended by your technician. You must not use lash curlers. Please read and understand all the information listed below and sign the form prior to having this service preformed.
What you should do before your eyelash extension appointment?
Wear no mascara, and have clean lashes using a mild-oil free cleanser. Do not use oil based makeup remover prior to the eyelash application. Do not put on any mascara prior to your appointment. Plan to set aside 1½ - 2 hours for your initial appointment.
What are eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are individual Synthetic, Mink and/or Silk eyelashes. They are attached one-by-one to each of your individual natural lashes – not to the skin. This service is beauty enhancing and eliminates the need to wear mascara. It is a meticulous service which requires the skill and precision of your certified lash technician. Once the eyelash extensions are applied, they are natural looking. Size availability ranges from short to long which will be decided and agreed upon with your certified eyelash technician.
How long will my eyelash extensions last if I follow the proper care instructions?
In some cases, eyelash extensions can last up to 6-8 weeks. However, it is common to get a touch up after 2 - 3 weeks. Like all hair, there are 3 phases to the eyelash growth cycle. There are lashes in each phase at all times, therefore, some will be lost within a couple of weeks, and others can last much longer as part of the natural cycle.
We will not be held liable for any damage that you may cause by trying to remove your eyelash extensions on your own.
Do Lash extensions damage my natural lashes?
No. When extensions are applied correctly they will not harm your natural lashes; each lash extension is adhered to one single natural lash, the extension will grow out naturally as your own lash matures. The eyelash adhesive is formulated to create a solid bond, specifically for human lashes. The adhesive dries very soft on the lashes, allowing the lashes to stay flexible and bouncy just like your own lashes.
Home Care for your eyelash extensions; please review and follow these recommendations.
For the first 48 hours and long term care of your lashes please:
1. Do not allow lashes to get wet.
2. Avoid steam – so no spas, saunas, hot tubs, hot yoga, or cooking in a steamy kitchen. Steam will affect the adhesive from bonding properly.
3. Do not swim
4. Do not rub, perm, or tint your lashes before or after lash extension application
5. Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face – cleanse around the eyes with a wash cloth, or Q-tip
6. Do not pull on your lash extensions – as you’re likely to pull out your natural lash with it
7. Do not use mascara on your lashes other than the one recommended by your technician
8. Do not use a waxy, greasy, or oil based eyeliner or eye shadow during and beyond the first 48 hours, this compromises the adhesive and will result in lash extension loss.
9. Do not remove the extensions on your own
10. Do not cut your extensions, you risk cutting your own lashes and altering the natural appearance of the lash extensions
11. Always brush your lashes in the morning and at night.
As your natural lashes grow and fall out due to the natural growth cycle, you will need refills. It is important to have 75% of the extensions on your lashes in order to maintain the desired clean, full consistent look. Recommended fills are every 2 - 3 weeks.
1 of 100 people can develop eyelash enhasive allergic reaction. In this case, if your eyelids swell, turn red, become itchy and painful after eyelash extensions application (can happen next day after procedure), you must call your technician. Eyelash Extensions have to be removed as soon as possible.
Please, Note! Ones the allergic reaction was developed, mostly like it will stay with you for a very long time, and you might not be able to wear eyelash extensions for while.